In order to keep children safe, and keep drop-off and pick-up as efficient as possible, Shull School has adopted these protocols. We ask that all caregivers review and follow the protocols in order to contribute to our safe school culture and demonstrate consideration and respect for all. At the end of the day, the children are watching. Please remember you are modeling for them the necessity of following school rules and showing respect for all.
The staff parking lot is for staff only. Please refrain from parking in the staff lot AT ALL TIMES. Beginning Monday, October 23rd, there will be a gate up along the exit in the AM and entrance in the PM to encourage this.
Drop off and pick-up should occur only in the valet line along the green or kinder curb. Dropping off and picking up in the staff parking lot is strictly prohibited as it is a major safety concern.
Drivers must remain in their vehicles while parked in the valet line during prime pick-up and drop-off times. The valet line (denoted by the green curb along the front of the school) is to be used for drop-off and pick-up from:
The staff will help all children to their cars during these times. At all other times parking along the green curb should be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
While in the valet line, please pull all the way to the front until traffic is stopped. A staff member will escort your child to/from your car. Children should have their things gathered and be ready to unload as soon as the car is against the curb.
Whenever traffic along green curb is completely backed up to behind the first crosswalk (by kinder) those against the curb (lane 1) should load/unload there. Those in the far line (lane 2) will be prioritized and directed to a space along the green curb (in lane 1 past 1st crosswalk) as soon as one is available. When those on the green curb are loading/unloading those that have already loaded and or unloaded from the kinder curb (lane 1) will be directed through to the far lane (lane 2) to exit. See map..
- Please have student backpacks, lunches or lunch money and students ready before entering the Pick Up and Drop Off Zone.
- Park next to the curb and come to a complete stop. BUT DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE
- Students should exit and enter on the passenger side of the car only (curbside).
- DO NOT LINGER AND WATCH YOUR CHILD WALK IN. If you want to monitor your children all the way to class, park on Amelia or Auto Center and walk in.
- Be polite to other drivers and try to leave room for easy maneuvering at the curb.
- Do not use cellphones or text while picking up or dropping off children.
- The drive through is a right turn only exit.
- Enter the drive through at the entrance on the north end of campus.
- Merge into one lane at the exit to the drive through.
Thank you for helping to keep all of our children safe, and to alleviate traffic as much as possible!
DROP OFF ZONE
This is a drop-off/pick-up zone ONLY. Students should be COMPLETELY ready to exit the car before entering the drop zone.
Students should exit vehicles IMMEDIATELY, once vehicles come to a complete stop anywhere along the green curb (in lane 1). Students MAY NOT remain in vehicles looking for a preferred spot.
Prolonged parking, or cars carrying students that require assistance, should park on the street.
Drop Off Options
- You may drop off on Auto Center Drive in the morning.
- You may drop off students in the PICK UP and DROP OFF zone in the front of school.
- Do not use the bus pick up area.
- Do not use the side streets, Bradish or Aguirre, as the streets are too narrow and there are no sidewalks.
- Remember that the school cafeteria is open at 7:30 a.m. each morning for children who arrive early
Once a vehicle is stopped anywhere along the green curb, and can not move forward due to traffic, students MUST exit their vehicles.
Students MAY NOT wait in cars seeking a more convenient spot.
Drivers MUST remain in vehicles at all times
Staff will direct children to stopped vehicles
Children that are not independent enough to load themselves into the vehicle without assistance, should not use the valet line. Those picking up young children should park on the street and walk up for pick up.
PICK UP OPTIONS
- Use the pick-up drop-off area in front of school correctly. Do not park in this area.
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE.
- Students will be with their teachers on the front grass.
- Students will be released by their teacher to go to you when you pull up to the curb.
- If you want to park and talk to a teacher, or get out of your car to pick up your child, you can park on Auto Center Drive or Amelia and walk in and stand waiting for your student's class on the grass in front of school. Please do not walk through the bus area.